just an apprentice

the Word became flesh and dwelt among us...

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A Prayer for Lent...

Lord and Master of my life,
Take away from me the will to be lazy and sad,
The desire to get ahead of other people,
And to boast and brag.
Give me instead a pure and humble spirit,
The will to be patient with other people,
And to love them.
Grant, Lord, that I may see my own sins,
And keep me from judging the things other people do.
For you are holy, now and forever,
And to the ages of ages. Amen.
--St. Ephraim the Syrian, "the harp of the Holy Spirit"
(304-373)

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 11:23 AM , Blogger Brad Wright said...

    What a beautiful prayer & illustration. Thank you for posting it...

     
  • At 6:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    beautiful pray.
    but more important is practice and start to act.
    i learn to be as the prayer..
    learning to Him, my beloved Jesus Christ.
    amen..

    thanks
    Wib, Indonesia

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home